Cursing the familial obligation that sent her into the path of a blizzard, Jackie Frakes is deeply grateful for rescue on a snow-choked mountain road, even if her rescuer’s reception is as cold as the Sierra Nevada high country.
Leah Beck spends her days in a twilight of grief, actively avoiding all reminders of her former life as an artist whose work was exhibited nationwide. A houseguest for Thanksgiving is disruptive and painful, and the very last thing she wanted.
The snowbound weekend leaves them with an unforgettable, undeniable attraction that challenges both of their personal and professional commitments. Leah turns to her art with renewed inspiration while Jackie seizes control of her future. But will these new paths lead back to each other? Or will that stunning weekend together be their last?
One of Karin Kallmaker’s most enduring, popular novels, Painted Moon 25th Anniversary Edition features a new foreword by the author, and additional next chapters for Jackie and Leah, including a previously unpublished story.
- Reader Comments about Painted Moon …Well written, romantic and comparable to Curious Wine, which I also loved.
- Painted Moon 25 at Lez Review Books This lesbian classic audiobook is a good way to immerse yourself in the past and be happy for what we’ve got now.
- Reader Comments about Painted Moon 25th Anniversary Edition The extra chapters at the end was FANTASTIC!!
- Painted Moon at Lambda Book Report A classic Kallmaker romance – Painted Moon is as steamy as readers like it to be. The story is a good one, the characters are realistic.
- Painted Moon at the Midwest Review of Books Classic Kallmaker elements with interesting characters, wry wit and steamy love scenes.
- Painted Moon at Bay Area Reporter Kallmaker’s writing gets better and better, her observations on the life lesbian more and more astute. Painted Moon is a very good romance novel with ...
- Painted Moon at Alabama Forum Gaiety Wonderfully written with believable and lovable characters, this is a terrific and moving lesbian novel…
- Painted Moon at the Lesbian Review of Books Painted Moon is a classic that could very well become the next Curious Wine… has the compelling storyline and strong writing that will deservedly ...
- Audio Listeners on Painted Moon 25 Such delicious love scenes. And the whole package just wrapped up in a beautiful bow with Abby Craden narrating.
- Painted Moon at Our Own There’s no doubt that Painted Moon will take you on an emotional roller coaster, but you will certainly enjoy the ride… Beautifully sensitive.